Sunday, April 03, 2005

DIY Woe

Considering that my darling wife was due to pop the sprog on Saturday... I figured it was about time i pulled my finger out and got on with getting the little tyke's bedroom sorted out.

You know the Wooden flooring I'm talking about. That stuff that clicks together... My God.. it's fine when you have a couple of people to do it, but seen as my 'Large As the Queen of the Sea Cows (with child)' Wife was wholly incapacitated all weekend due to a cold, the flooring as left to yours truly (Excluding a good 30 mins of help from Rozza).

Have you tried to do that flooring single manned before... the first couple of bits are easy, but when you are in a 10 Meter Square room, you have to be some sort of amazing contortionist to be able to reach everything moving at the same time. Reading the black and white instructions on the back of the Flooring boxes really didn't go into any details on repositioning limbs to where they need to, yet should never be i had to figure things out for myself. Anyways... a few scraped knees and dislocated joints later. BAM! the flooring is all done.

Next job was the Skirting... Unbeknownst to me the floor of my early 19th Century house appears to be concave in the center by +2 Inches... MY god.. the skirting looks great in the middle, but at either end there is a enough room for a heard mongolian traffic wardens! Gaaaaaaaaah!

And to top things of, the missus is still bearing (hogging) the fruits of our marriage within her belly.

More woe later...

No comments: